Thursday, February 11, 2010

Reading and writing...

My wife gave me a couple of articles to read the other day.  One was about having a good relationship between father and son, and the other was about travelling in Turkey.  I enjoyed them both, but soon gave up trying to find a connection between the two.  I guess it just goes to show how eclectic my wife and I are in what we read.

Anyway, I started thinking about these two articles and then I started thinking about my life.  I lived in England for over two years, which means I have a somewhat intimate knowledge of the place, so why haven't I written anything about it?  I also remembered that I had the opportunity to spend a lot of one on time with my son over there doing things like swimming lessons, father and son camping trips, etc.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, I love my family... very much, and I enjoy and have enjoyed almost every minute we have had together.  Every day is a gift as they say, and I don't want to take them for granted, but I digress. 

I guess my point is that there is always a connection between every aspect of our lives, and we can find them if we but look.  I love to travel.  I love my family.  Therefore, it stands to reason that I would love to travel with my family.  I love to write, I love to travel, I love my family.  Therefore it stands to reason that I would love to write about traveling with my family, or that I would love to write about family travel, or that I would love to write about places to travel to.  I could go on and on, but the I hope the point that I am trying to make is obvious, and that is, again, that everything we do or experience is connected, if only by experience.

So I have decided to write about my past travels, and about England, Italy, Canada, etc.  Sometimes I will write about these things here, other times I will try to publish them wherever I can.

For those of you who regularly follow my blog, (and thank you very much for doing so, and thank you to those who actually click on the follow button on my blog to publicly let me know that you are following) you will notice that there isn't always a rhyme or reason to what I write about, and I don't think that is about to change.  I feel that I can express myself much easier if I can express whatever needs to be expressed instead of sticking dogmatically to a particular theme.  Having said that, leave comments and let me know if there are things you would like me to write about on the blog, or just leave comments on the blog itself about anything you want.  I enjoy reading your comments, and it helps me to know that you are reading and thinking about what I post.  I feel a sense of pride and joy when I write, and this blog is a really great venue for doing just that.  I would suggest that many of you should start up your own blogs, if you haven't already, and if you do so, let me know and I will happily read and follow yours.

This post has turned into a mishmash of first person and second person narrative, the ideas and thoughts of the moment, and even a bit of pleaing and bargaining.  Thanks for staying with me through all of this, and all of the typos, etc.  You really are my hero, really...

No comments:

Post a Comment